Our motto: ‘no one gets left behind’
- Here at Elswick Harriers we have a dedicated beginners and improvers (intermediate) group. We welcome runners wishing to build their confidence and ability before joining the training sessions, or those who prefer to do a shorter steady run.
- We meet in the Newburn Activity Centre sports hall on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7pm for a pre-arranged 7.15 to 7.30pm start. We usually run between five and six miles before returning to Newburn Activity Centre at about 8.15-8.30pm, although some members of the group choose to run a shorter distance and return to Newburn earlier.
- Les Williamson (beginners) & Simon Lynch (improvers & intermediates) are you contacts for these run groups.
- Over the summer, we enjoy ‘away day’ runs and meet at a different venue once a week, for an off road run along country roads or trails. We also meet on a Saturday or Sunday morning for a longer run of about eight to ten miles, which takes us about one and a half to two hours.
- Our group is very friendly and inclusive (enjoying regular nights out)
- You can run to train to enter races, to keep fit or lose a few pounds, or just for the company and motivation.
- We only ask that you can jog or run 3 miles comfortably, which is the same distance as the popular Park Run distance
- Members of the beginners and improvers group say that joining a running group means that they run more, and that they achieve more than they could have done so on their own. Many members compete in races, covering all distances and terrain from 5Km to marathons!
For more info, please call Tom Hanson, Club Secretary:
By E-mail at: TomHanson@Thinkpositive.co.uk or Telephone: 0773 8549 830
We look forward to you joining us here at Team Elswick 🙂