- Elswick Harriers Junior section is for young athletes aged 10-17 years old. If you are keen to train and compete then we would like to hear from you!
- For initial enquiries please contact the club via this club email address > Juniors@elswickharriers.org.uk
- In your email, please tell us your enquiry and provide a contact telephone number. A club representative will endeavour to reply to your enquiry in a timely manner. Thank you.
- Please note the junior section is very popular and there may be at times, a waiting list. Joining forms are available to download from the website, under the tab heading ‘Joining’.
- About the Juniors: We have an expanding and enthusiastic group of young runners of all abilities who are supported by friendly, dedicated adults and parents who are qualified coaches, coaching assistants and run leaders. As a club we promote consistency, determination. The sessions are fun too and we encourage participation in local events including: Start Fitness North East Harrier League (cross country) harrierleague.com Birtley Junior Cross Country Relays birtleyac.co.uk Good Friday Elswick Road Relays (see main webpage). Spring Track relays northernathletics.org.uk North East Youth Development League (NEYDL) neydl.co.uk
Elswick Juniors have competed in Cross Country events for many years. We have seen some of our athletes compete for their schools at both local, regional and national level as well as representing the Northeast at the London mini-marathon.
This year sees the start of our participation in the NEYDL giving young runners a chance to compete in track and field events. Please get in touch with the club for more information about the above events. The club takes the welfare of ALL of their athletes seriously. You can find more information on the clubs welfare, safeguarding and mental health on the websites tab heading (with a drop down box) titled ‘Welfare & Wellbeing’. Please do take a moment to read the content. Thank you.
Joining forms are also available to download from the website, under the tab heading ‘Joining’.
Come down to the club 🙂 You will meet new friends, have fun and become much fitter! The Juniors meet in the sports hall of Newburn Activity Centre (NE15 8ND) from 7.00 pm on Tuesday & Thursday evenings for a 7.15 pm Start. Parents collect their children at 8.15 pm. Pop down and have an informal chat with any one of the junior coaching team, they will be happy to have a chat with you. The coaches are: Mark Todd, Ken & Jan Heslop, Rob Emson, Claire Tumia, Judith Flanagan and Micky Shore. We ask parents & guardians to make sure your child has appropriate footwear & clothing and to bring a bottle of water to each training session.